Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Belle de jour!

So, the amazing people at Institut Francais have invited me to speak at Paris Book Fair 2013! Salon du Livre aka PBF is held at the Paris Porte de Versailles over 4 days.


Obviously, from the above it's pretty clear that I'm bursting with excitement and not just because it's Paris and I loved that episode of GG when Blaire pushes Serena into the fountain (just nod like you know what I'm talking about). The topic of the panel I'll be speaking on is "Educational publishing, children's literature and ebooks in Africa" which pretty much sums up my life so what's not to be excited about?

I was initially only meant to go for 2 days but I want to take advantage and see some of the city. During Frankfurt Book Fair last year, I got onto a panel but I didn't get to see anything beyond the subway station stops between my hotel and Frankfurt Messe. Not doing that again. This time, I'm going to go uber-tourist on Europe. I'm going to take photos like I'm an American in the Kruger Park. I'm going to own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment