Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Off to France! Digital Africa 3.0.



Looks I'm I'm going back to France on Thursday night. This time, I'm going to be speaking on two panels at Etonnants Voyageurs in Saint Malo, France. South African authors who will be travelling are - in alphabetical order - Mark Behr, Kevin Bloom, André Brink, Damon Galgut (this one fills me with so much glee, I feel embarrassed for myself. Thing is : I actually have already met Damon Galgut but it was before I had read In A Strange Room or The Quarry or The Imposter - so really, before I really knew for reals what a bowss he is), Michiel Heyns, Kopano Matlwa, Deon Meyer, Niq Mhlongo, Kgebetli Moele and Mike Nicol. One problem: my Sunday panel (Lagos, Johannesburg, Kinshasa Africa in creation) is at the same time at Damon Galgut's Sunday panel (Lights and Shadows). Luckily, he has another one at 5:45 so I'll just have to stalk - I mean, see - him then.

Really looking forward to seeing Niq. Haven't talked to him since his book launch which was packed with people and quickly escalated into a little bit of a partytjie. Needless to say, we didn't actually get to talk about Way Back Home and I need to talk about this book - not necessarily with its author but honestly he's the only person I know who has read it so my options are kind of limited for gushing about how amazaballs it was.

In any case, I'll also have two free days in Paris and this time, I'm packing light to leave plenty of space for books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment